View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

DM,

My sister in law developed osteo necrosis also a couple of years ago in her early 50's. She was taking too high of a dose of Boniva. Her teeth and jaw are a mess.

We all just have to adjust these medications to what our bodies can tolerate.
I said that when I was on Avonex. I don't understand how these doctor's can prescribe a one dose fits all to these drugs. We are all different sizes, genders, weights and not all of us metabolize things the same way.

I had a terrible experience with Zocor (generic) that caused the "one in a million side effect" of muscle wasting in my thigh muscles. I don't believe for one minute that this side effect is one in a million. It went straight to the weak muscles where I was injecting Avonex. Now, I am off both Avonex and Zocor. I'm trying Niacin for cholesterol control.

In the mean time, my thigh muscles are toast with nerve and muscle damage that is apparently permanent since it's been almost a year. I have to take 2 Neurontin three times a day for that.

I was diagnosed with MS in 1992 and this last year has been the worst since the onset and eventual SPMS in 1993. All these drugs causing problems and they aren't even related to MS. It hacks me off.

Don't get me wrong, I love my PCP and Neuro and they are trying to help me. I just don't think the drug companies are providing them with the necessary information.

I spoke to two close friends yesterday about once a week generic Fosamax and neither of them are having any side effects. That made me feel better so I am going to tell my PCP about it. It may or may not work for me but I can't tolerate this pain. It is finally a little better today.

DM, you are right about it not being a woman's disease. My Dad who is 82, had a compressed fracture in his back in January from getting out of bed. He had a procedure done to fill the fracture but it has really taken it's toll on his already fragile health. He has Osteoporosis and didn't even know it because his bone density scans came out fine.

I hate to tell negative things but this is a very serious subject to those of us with the Osteoporosis diagnosis.

Hugs,
Becky

IMAGINE
RRMS - 1992 -- SPMS - 1993
Not on DMD's

Becky21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Koala77 (03-17-2009)