View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 03:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm not an expert on this subject but I have been researching this area for the past few months. One thing to keep in mind when taking supplements is to make sure that you are taking them appropriately. For example some supplements are oil soluble such as fish oil, Q-Enzyme 10, vitamin E, These should be taken on an empty stomach for better absorption. Others need to be taken with food. With higher doses above the recommended guidelines it is always it is important to consult your doctor. The quality of the suppliment is also important. The saying goes "you are what you eat", but I have recently learned "you are what you absorb".

The one suppliments that I am having very good success with is enzymes, a full spectrum digestive enzyme for my stomach taken with food and a systemic enzyme taken on an empty stomach for inflammation and pain.

Sometimes I think perhaps I'm taking too many suppliment but since I've seen such a big improvement in everything from my hair, nails, skin, reduced pain and inflammation, I'm not inclined to switch a winning team.

The addidtion of suppliments has also come along with a major shift in my diet from eating way too much red meats and animal fats to what I call an anti-inflammatory diet, more fresh organic fruits & vegetables along with avoiding food additives in procssed food. I'm not as good with the exercise but still trying to find the right routine that won't flair up my RSD.

MsL
Mslday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote