View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 01:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambeliever128 View Post
Hi Red,
I have been diagnosed with Costo. but this feels more like an injury. It feels like that whole left shoulder area is out of place or injured in some way.

I get triggerpoint injections for Costo and they do help. I get them all the way from my shoulder down to my breast area. My Dr. puts them around my heart area. He has done it for years and they do help but it doesn't seem to be flaired up. Those shots help for months even years. He uses lidocaine and I think zylocaine and Mericaine, at different times though, not all at once. He doesn't give me steriod shots because he says you can't use it but 3 times a year as compared to 1000. LOL

It might be something you won't to ask about.

Thanks for helping me.

I'm in a bad place tonight so I am talking on here to keep my mind occupied. My Grandson's are in bed and when they're here it just seems like I miss Bill even more.

Ada
Ada,
I'm so sorry for what you're going through.....I can't comment on steroid shots in the area you're talking about but have had them in my feet and that's one of the most painful things I've ever had done. I don't know what I was thinking when I agreed to that the first time, much less the 4 or 5th time.....You're right- only 3 shots in the same area per year. One of the explanations for my insanity as far as they go is, an ortho gave me a cortisone shot in my upper hip for pain one time and it didn't hurt at all. So, when the podiatrist mentioned trying that the first time, I thought to myself, "well, how bad can it be? It didn't hurt in my hip".... WRONG move....Never mind that I have plenty of "padding" in my hip and your feet have NONE and he puts the shots right into the joint of my big toe and in the side of my feet in the joint of the 5th metatarsal. Suffice it to say, the last time he put one in the same area I'd had surgery on a few months before that, I told him no more of that- I'd rather have surgery again than have another one of those in my feet. I hope you can get to the bottom of what's causing this and will feel better soon.
redjpwranglergirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote