View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 06:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New to Nickel allergy

[QUOTE=ToxicLover88;471051]

I wondered if anyone knew any razors i could use for shaving that do not contain nickel?

Hello Toxiclover88, I recently found out that I am allergic to nickel. About a month ago I became really itchy on the backs of my legs and torso. I went into my dr. and she just told me that I was allergic to something but gave no suggestions on finding out what it might be. After taking the steroids that she gave me and them not having any effect she sent me to a dermatologist. He only told me that yes I have hive. The next day doing everything the same as the last week except shaving my legs. I broke out even more. I figured it had to be the metal from the razor and didn't know what to do. I live in a warm climate that long pants and long sleeves would be even more unbearable. I was walking along the isles at the store looking at hair removal and came across an electric razor that said right on the package that it is nickel free. It is made by panasonic and is called close curves. I was a little skeptical but as it was only $20 I decided to try it. I patched tested and everything turned out just fine. Hope this helps.

As I just found out what my allergy was about a week ago I do not know if I need to look at the lists of food but just right now have contact with it and break out. I can say that this is hereditary. Both my mother and great grandmother had it they just didn't know what kind of metal it was.
santopietro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
shezbut (03-19-2009)