View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 07:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Mrs D.

Regarding IV bisphosphonates I was treated in 2003 with two infusions of pamidronate. Despite my complaints of a horrible migraine and not feeling well following the first treatment my doctor went ahead with the 2nd treatment.

This was just one of the many in a long line of horrible side effects I have experienced from drugs used to treat my RSD. I ended up in the emergency with the worst possible tinnitus, a loud roaring motor inside my head. The blood vessels in my right eye had burst and I ended up loosing partial hearing in my left ear. Still have the tinnitus, albeit milder after having steroids injected directly into my eardrum. They tell me this was a rare event, and despite having a reduction of the deep bone pain for a while it is not something I would recommend.

I am one of those highly sensitive types to drugs and unfortunately have experienced further rare allergic reactions to medications, a curse and perhaps a blessing too. I'm learning how to manage with less pharmaceutical interventions and am now more in touch with my bodies signals.

My doctor finally now listens to me when I tell him that something is too strong for me or that it makes me sick.

I'm very curious about the research that is showing this connection between RSD and mitochondrial disorder. Would you mind sharing your source please.

Many thanks

MsL
Mslday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote