Thread: Montel on Oprah
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 03:30 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

I didn't see the Show unfortunately as they don't seem to have it over here in the UK ... I really wish they did as from what I have heard, it is really good and worth watching!!!

My nanan (mums mum) had Progressive MS and a LOT of the symptoms she had, I have or have had also. Her legs used to give out a lot and so do mine, she was was very sensitive to temperature changes and so am I etc etc. I have read posts on the MS forum also and can so relate to what some people are describing.

My Doctor never did a brain MRI or Lumbar Puncture when I was diagnosed and my mum has asked him many times about MS and he always tells us to stop panicing and that isn't what I have and that my mum should stop "scaring" me into believing that I have it!!! She never does that to me but it has always been in the back of my mind about the possibility of MS - especially seeing as there is a family history of it.

I read somewhere on the internet once that MS and RSD are the two Neurological conditions that are VERY similar and that they are in the same "branch" together. It said that MS and RSD are thought to be very similar conditions, just with different names. I really wish I could find the article as it was really interesting but I can't at the moment - i'll have a look though and see if I can find it anywhere.

I have also read that some people with RSD are also being diagnosed with MS. Lindkaye has posted on the MS forum saying that she has just being diagnosed and some of my friends from other forums are currently undergoing testing for MS. I sometimes with that my doctor would test me - I KNOW it is risky to have that testing but I think it would probably put mine and my mums mind at rest. They wont do tests over here in the UK though unless they feel they absolutely have to so I don't think my doctor would do one.

Thanks for posting this, it is really interesting!