Default I bring up "cheat"...

because in the medical world the word "compliance" is what we are really
talking about.

The compliance for drug therapies for example is quite poor. People don't
realize it, but only about 40% take their meds properly or reliably. That is
why we see the emphasis on timed release type drugs, and the move to
once a day dosing.

There is a huge payoff in the beginning with the GF life. When we start to
feel better...wow... there is alot of reinforcement to continue. Then months pass, maybe years, and a little voice says "maybe I can have "this" just this once. I think this is just human nature.

This happens with supplements. I have lost count at how many times since
my son left home to be on his own, that he has decided he is "cured" of ADHD, and GF has cured his hands and GI symptoms that plagued him. In the end I
get a phone call or email, "Ma I don't feel right" or some such complaint, and the standard answer is ...how is your fish oil doing? Duh? Need I say more?
I have done this myself! So I know how easy it is to slip into the other mindset Right now he is doing well on GF again, and his moods and general energy are very good. And I did get him on 1mg B12 daily, and methylfolate, and zinc. He takes a B-complex too. And magnesium, but not every day mag.

It is really important to realize that if GF works for you, then you probably are not absorbing nutrients reliably from food. So some attention to this area may also help you alot. We have the Vitamin forum here, to deal with that

There is a connection between GF and weight loss. Dr. Kittley's book was posted on the old board, and I bought it and it is really good. Lois, there is a website too, so I'll post that again:
www.obesitysanswer.com
Dr. Kittley recommends trying GF to deal with resistant weight gain, or weight that is impossible to lose. I think the first thing I noticed was the edema that plagues my hands/feet went away on GF living. Semolina pasta returns the swelling within an HOUR! I found Dr. Kittley's book on Amazon. She covers other food intolerances, too (I found for example that onions were not so good for me anymore--doing an elimination for them showed that they were making me unwell. Also orange juice was inflaming my arthritis. Who would ever expect good old orange juice as a culprit? eh? )
Her book is really really good and useful. It is unique in the "diet book" world.
I can't recommend it enough.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote