View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 05:16 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I missed the show unfortunately. For some reason, you can't seem to get Ophra on over here in the UK even though we have channels from the US ... it's pretty frustrating at times especially when there is a show on something that you would find interesting!!

There is a post on the RSD forum about the show and many members were saying how they felt like they were sat upon the stage as a lot of the symptoms of Montel described to be MS, fitted for them also!

I have always talked to my doctor about the possibility of MS and so as my mum. My nanan had Progressive MS and she had a lot of the symptoms that I have - her legs gave way and so do mine, she was very sensitive to weather changes and so am I etc.

If we mention anything to my Doctor about MS, he will always say that that isn't what I have and that we should stop being concerned about it! We aren't "worried" about it as such but I think it has always been at the back of my mind seeing as I have some of the symptoms and it has for my mum also. My Doctor never did a Lumbar Puncture or MRI of the brain when I was diagnosed and sometimes I wish he did ... I know the tests are risky but I think it would put our minds at rest at least.

I read an article on the internet somewhere that said that RSD and MS are the 2 Neurological Conditions that are very similary related and that they are in the same "branch" together. Some Doctors believe that there is a link between MS and RSD also and I have spoken to a few people who have been diagnosed with both illnesses.

I really wish I could have seen the show - it looks as though it was very interesting!!

Last edited by ali12; 03-18-2009 at 05:59 AM.
ali12 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
NurseNancy (03-18-2009)