View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 08:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

No, I have not had any muscle spasms or issues before this.

The first root canal I've had filled and restore right away. The second one I only had a core buildup and shortly thereafter (3 weeks), I had muscle spasms in my face.

Correction. I looked backed on my records and had my 1st root canal done on 9/23/08, restoration 3 weeks later. The 2nd root canal was in early 11/08 and only core buildup done last week of 11/08. Three weeks later, I had muscle spasms in face.

I didn't have the core buildup filling grinded down until early February because my dentist wanted to wait until my muscle spasms resolve. I have a temp on now and awaiting crown insertion 3/20/09.

The nightguard makes my teeth sore in the morning and caused this burn sensation under my ears. I've had it adjusted several times.

The muscle spasms has resolved but I do feel tightness in the muscles. Also, the ringing is till there (loud!). I'm wondering if I should put my permanent crown on if I still have the tight muscles. Also, I question if the temp (made when I was having muscle issues) is shaped correctly to my bite. What should I do? I don’t want a bad bite permanently with permanent insertion of crown. What should I do? I do feel better than when it first started in 11/08.
I'm suspecting that muscle spasms were caused by high core buildup filling. My root canal were spaced a decent month apart. I still have popping when I eat and the upper jaw feels numb at times. I had an MRI on 1/23/09 and results were normal (discs normal joints normal).

Do I have severe TMD? It's been 3 months and it hasn't all gone away (ringing/face oddness) Or is this just a case of high filling that caused strained muscles. What should I do about the crown situation?

Also, my face used to be very fulled and now looks gaunt. My temples have shrunken as well as my cheeks. Could this issue have caused muscles to atrophy? Is this permanent atrophy since I went on soft diet?
Thanks.
blue_diamond is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote