View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 09:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hello, I am new member

Hello. Just wanted to introduce myself. I am 37 yrs old and have been dealing with a herniated cervical disc (c6-c7) with radiating nerve pain/numbness in my right arm for the past 2 years. About 7 wks ago, I had a major flare-up and have been in excrutiating pain since. Before that, it's been somewhat manageable. Advil and the occasional percocet would pretty much keep my condition tolerable. That, and my daily neck excercises have enabled me to continue working and leading a "regular" life. I work in law enforcement, so there is a physical aspect to my job. I have, over the last 2 years, been able to do what is required of me with regard to my work. When I initially herniated the disc, I went to physical therapy which only made it worse. After 6 wks of that, the therapist told me I shouldn't continue with it. With this flare-up, I went to a pain management doctor who gave me an epidural injection last friday. It's been 5 days now and it's done nothing for me. I started taking Relafin a few days ago, and am hoping that after a few weeks of that, the inflammation will come down and I can get some relief. As for now, the only thing that gives me any pain relief is the percocet. The burning nerve pain that radiates down my arm is the worst pain I have ever felt. Don't want to have surgery. Have heard too much negative about it, and that often it doesnt help or makes you worse off. Been out of work for a few days now. Couldn't keep dragging myself in with so much pain. Anyway, that's my story. I have been reading about this LYRICA. Was wondering if that might be something I could benefit from? Thanks.
Chris722 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote