View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbo View Post
I picked up my glasses and I like the look of them; but the new prescription is nutty. I can't see the computer screen with the upper OR lower lenses. I had planned to switch off wearing both pairs but not because one didn't work! Don't know whether to question the opthamologist or rhe new folks who developed the lenses!
BARB! ABSOLUTELY!
Did you get your prescription from the same place? Or from a different opthamologist?

From my own experience and seeing what was happening to other people when buying glasses!!!... it depends on the lab they go to and there is absolutely NO reason you should not be able to put on those glasses and see perfectly normal!

The first pair of glasses I bought from Sears optical and OMG. I could see out of one spot in the glasses if I tilted my head. I took them to my doctor and when she tested them she was appalled at how poorly they were made.

There's no excuse. If your prescription is correct, then the lenses should work fine and don't accept any excuse like...."Well, you'll get used to them." Bull.

I took those glasses back to Sears and demanded my money back. Was hesitant to go to another place but I did and when I got the new glasses I was shocked! I couldn't even tell I had them on the vision was so perfect.

Hate it when I hear vision places tell people "Oh that's just how it is, you'll get used to it.

Whew, now that I've gotten all hissy about that!...LOL I hope you can get some satisfaction!

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (03-18-2009), mistiis (03-18-2009)