View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 01:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Help I am still waiting on an answer....

Hey I applied for SSI Disablity in January of this year, I have ulcerative colitis, I have had it since I was 15 years old and I have been told by people that I can get disablity and some say that I cant get it because I can still work... I am pretty much i high stress person my life is stressful and if I work at a job that seems too stressful then bam! I am in the hospital for most of the year..... and to me that means I cant afford my rent or the basics to live!

The thing is I was told by a socail worker at the hospital that I had went to because I had a flare up <as they call an outbreak> and she said that I could get SSI Disablity. My husbands friend applied for it and he has breathing problems that keep him out of work. So the thing is if he gets disablity for that then what if they tell me that I cant get it because they think I can work. I mean I dont even have health insur. to see a gi doctor to get the right treatment for my condition. I also cant afford my meds either.

So please if anyone knows if I can get disablity for my ulcerative colitis, and what I should do to speed up the prossess because right now I am soooooo about the prossess.

Please feel free to email me.
****Edited Perconal Info*****
Darkstar29 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote