View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 09:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

So far this month we have added Keppra to her Topamax. So far that seems to be going well. She did get off to a little bit of a rough start last week. After that I decided to decrease her Topamax slower than Dr.P suggested. We are only decreasing by 25mg a week. I am still very very cautious about the amount he wants her down too. with the decrease of just 25mg a day the side effects seem to hav dimished a lot. She hasn't complained about the bad taste in her mouth since Last week.

So far the introduction of Keppra has not been the nightmare that I was bracing myself for either. We are still having behavioral outburts but they are nothing I MEAN NOTHING like they we before when she was on Keppra. Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way as we move up in a couple of days to a whole pill twice a day (250mg)

As far as seizure control goes I don't see a major difference yet. Thursday she had a pretty bad one. I pulled over and had the diastat out ready but thankfully she came out of the cluster with out needing anything more than a VNS swipe. Which also makes me think that her VNS settings were just too high, too fast. The magnet seems to be working better than it ever has.

Thursday she got her new stroller and we love it. I am almost used to the weight and size of it. She sits so much better in it. The only bad part is they didn't send seatbelts with it so we are waiting for them, which does present a little problem another primary use of the stroller is to keep her from running around and destroying things. Her impulse control is terrible and only seems to be getting worse.

I still haven't gotten the date for the neuro psych yet. Leigh said to call if we havn't head anything from the other office by mid week.

We have Rileys annual IEP meeting coming up on the 18th, I don't anticipate any problems at all. This school has been incrediable. I am anxious to see where she is and just how many of the current goals she has met.

I am still trying to process what is causing her regression, she is back into pull ups full time now. Somedays are better than others and there is no pattern to it at all. She went through a very similar period about 3 years ago. We never knew why it happened then either.

I think that's it.... for now..

Oh- one more, I finished the leaderships training this past Saturday and an amazing door has opened up for me as a result. I will post more on that in a seperate post though.

Hope you all are doing well!!!

Wendy- AMAZING and WONDERFUL to hear about Langans walking!
Sarah (14) Aspergers Syndrome
Victoria (16) Above Average Teenage sister
Jade (11) my niece, but now also my baby
Jacob (6) Possible Aspergers, but we have to sort through his anger/abandonment issues first
Jackson (4) The sweetest little guy you will ever meet.
Busymommie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote