View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

From a chair I can't clean. Had a young woman, she would do anything I asked but didn't have a real plan on doing somethings regularly, but was great at odd things (like going in the pool full of water and cleaning decorative tile rim) but her regular cleaning was not up to my standards. We talked life stories too much. In fact she visited today. Let her go, have 2 women-team that comes every 2 weeks (I'm an organizer, things stay pretty nice). I was impressed by first time they cleaned, a supervisor came to check their job. Each time they come, on a rotating schedule, they concentrate on chosen areas and deep-clean. They change my sheets, something I sure can't do and DH isn't great at. Now, they do extra stuff (like putting up a shower curtain, etc) for no extra pay. I'm sure to ask only once in awhile. They both hurt their knees, were out at same time, and another team came. I wasn't so happy with them. Glad when my ladies returned. They do small things like carry hot lunches to table for me, get something across a rug I get stuck on. It's an expense, but needed, not a luxury.

I show respect to them and they always give it back. When I was young I cleaned, college summers was a union janitor (We had fun) so I know sometimes people don't get the respect we all deserve.

Last edited by kicker; 03-19-2009 at 10:28 AM.
kicker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (03-19-2009), ewizabeth (03-19-2009), Kitty (03-18-2009), SallyC (03-18-2009), SandyC (03-18-2009)