View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 08:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldrose View Post
i have never used this forum, so i hope this part shows up........i don't think i have this either.....i had a terrible injury with compartment syndrome as a complication, but i can't believe i now have RSD/CRPS of any kind.....does anyone have an idea for type of doc who would listen?????
Hi Wyldrose,

Sorry that you may have been DX with RSD. Wish I could do more for you. here is a little of my experience.

I developed RSD after a serious injury/infection to myhand.Hand/arm/shoulder involved. I had a very good ortho guy who diagnosed me. I went 16 months doing numerous treatments OT/PT, medications,nmes metal mesh glove, Tens, SGBs multiple, RF lesioning, acupuncture, hypnosis.....the list goes on & on. My PM dr.( he should be cloned to help people everywhere) kept believing I had an entrapment or compression or something and referred me to two diferent ortho guys and they kept sendingme back to PM because they didn't think anymore than RSD. Finally referred to an Ortho guy that was not afraid of exploring (very carefully, that is another whole story.) When I woke up from surgery I felt like a brick was lifted. i just knew something was very diferent. I am 3.5 months post surgery and not perfect but better than I could ever have imagined. Left with movement disorder being treated soon with botox inj...I will see how that goes. I had the movement disorder with RSD before sugery. also weakness in my hand but hopeful that it will have a chance to gain strength once I have less of the spasms.

When did they DX you? Are you seeing a PM Dr.? Listen to your gut if you think its something else get the referrals that you need to put your mind at ease. A dr. that is a good advocate for you.

Take care and hope you are feeling ok
info hungry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote