View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 09:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Neurontin....

I have a lot of side effects, from brain fog to forgetfulness or not remembering that I'd done something. Scared me about that drug. If it has that type of side effect, and I know from experiences with it that it does that to me, then how would you know if you done something or not? Really troubles me about it.

As far as relief, nothing in my Rx arsenal relieves my symptoms like Neurontin. Too bad about the side effects for me. If I do something and I know I shouldn't, that's when I'll conceide and take one at nighttime. Or, maybe hold off and have a miserable night and next day, then maybe I'll take one the following night. It made a big difference in the night, morning and day for me.

I won't take two in a row. Too zombified.

oh, yeah. and constipation... but I eat Activia yogurt. (because of other meds too)

Slurred speech if I take them back to back.

If I took it after, say 10:00 PM, then I'd more than likely get the "Big Eye" and you couldn't knock me out with a sledgehammer.

Then, most the time, as it wore off, around noonish, I became a troll.

and the weight gain... well, Neurontin and inactivity and eating hardy too.

also dry mouth in the morning.

I have side effects to other Rxs but this is the most harsh. too bad because it helps the burning and tingling a lot. Also helps control that "Don't make me move" feeling in the morning.

I never did try Lyrica. I hear it don't have too many side effects. I also heard it can increase your complaints. I would want try it, though, if I ever felt like I need to get a Rx for Neurontin again.

I did find out an Ativan, even a fourth of one at times, helped with many of my complaints that Neurontin was helping. It's a lot easier to tolerate.

There's always a trade. you have to weigh it, whether it's really worth the benefit. If I'm not going anywhere in the A.M., I would be inclined to take one if I felt like I really, really had to. This is one drug I give a lot of thought about before I take it. I'll even lay it out at night, but if I can manage at all, I don't take it.

Don't think I'll ever get it tweaked just right...
(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
richard d (03-19-2009)