View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 09:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sorry to hear about your troubles Nancy. My digestive problems were getting steadily worse this summer. I did a bunch of testing for parasites that were negative. The most valuable test was an IgG antibody test for delayed food allergies. Soy, nuts and seeds came up as the culprits, and I didn't even have that great of a reaction (mild to moderate). I had already suspected the soy, but having concrete numbers in front of you helps to comply to restricting that food. I never suspected the nuts because the reaction was delayed about 24 to 48 hours. I never had the patience to do a food elimination diet.

I don't get diarrhea anymore after restricting those foods, but I still get loose stools and gas, especially when I eat out or eat new processed foods. You never know entirely what you are getting from those two unknowns. When I stick to whole foods and leave out the ones I react to, I'm usually ok.

I have also had the eyelid thing. It was always something my chiropractor could tell me about through muscle testing. Usually, it was somekind of nutritional deficiency. Do you have a health care practitioner who can help you with that kind of thing?

Now, the challenge is to get to the bottom of this leaky gut and heal it. Unfortunately, my doctor never tested me for Candida, which will be one of the next tests I'll try to do. I think I'll be staying away from antibiotics and NSAIDs for the rest of my life, if I can help it!

Claire