View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 05:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Lisa,

My RSD started in my shoulder a few years ago. Other than time off after 2 RC repair surgeries (probably the cause of the RSD, or the aggressive PT ordered by the surgeon afterwards), I haven't really missed much work and I work FT. My RSD spread first to my neck and my head and then full body the beginning of last winter.

My feet often feel frozen and like bricks (especially when it is cold out) but my dog and I walk about a mile or so every morning before I leave for work. At lunch time I try to walk at least another mile. I have a desk job, and use my hands all day. It often feels like I am typing on concrete because my fingers are numb, but I keep going. In the evening when I get home my dog and I will often go back out again now that it's daylight savings time and it's still light out.

My PT has been my lifesaver throughout the last seven months. And I take a lot of meds. Cymbalta is great, I think it keeps me happy as well as working on some of the nerve pain. It took a while to get the right mix of all the other drugs I take.

Try to keep moving. Keep in tough with friends (we have lots of other dog walkers we see in our neighborhood, for instance). Find the VERY BEST doctors you can. Trust your instincts. And scroll through the info on these boards - there's a ton of really good info here.

The best of luck to you. Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote