Old 03-19-2009, 08:18 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengrl View Post
Ok, I have always wondered this but never had a place to ask.
If I eat 6 doughnuts in one sitting or even though out the day....will this have the SAME medical & weight gain result as if I were to eat the same 6 in a 6 week or month period of time? 1 doughnut a month for 6 months of 6 in 1 day?

Also the same with butter. Can I induldge in one bagel with tons of butter once a month, or small amounts everyday to = same amount? I want to know REAL answers such as if I will gain the same amount of weight? Raise my chol. levels & such..

Sorry, but \i am full of weird questions
If that bakery is still using tranfats for the doughnuts....that would be a bigger question. Very harmful!

If they are using the new esterified fats, your blood sugar would be severely impacted.
High blood sugar stimulates insulin which puts the extra calories in your belly fat. So too much at once is very bad...in many ways.

A bit of butter now and then is not thought to be an issue anymore. There are new spreads, like Smart Balance and Olivio that taste just like butter. You'd be amazed and they have omega-3s in them.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gardengrl (03-19-2009)