View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 12:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default MG and Fibro

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtail View Post
I was just wondering does anyone else who has MG have fibromyalgia.
I went and saw my neuro on Friday(always such a pleasure NOT)
He mentioned my arm and leg pain (as my neuro nurse whom I see had written to him, and had mentioned it in her letter) he asked if I still got it, I said yes, and then he went onto another subject. Today(wednesday) I got the letter he sends to my GP and a cc to me, in it he says "..... a background of generalised muscle ache and pain and fatigue, which is probably a form of fibromyalgia (relationship to MG)." and thats it nothing else, needles to say Im a little confused . I will talk to my neuro nurse, shes wonderful in looking after me and answering all my questions my neuro doesn't have time to answer. But I thought Id see if anyone else has these 2 diseases?!?!?!?
I too have MG, since 1991, I have been in remission since 1992. In 2008 I was sprayed by a fire extinguisher and my MG is now out of remission, and I also suffered lung damage, I saw my neuro yesterday and he said I also have Fibromyalgia. I can't take any medications for any of my illnesses due to the fact that I am hyper sensitive to medications. I also am Alpha-1 deficient. I have gone from riding my bike 22 miles and bowling and working to sitting around praying that the pain that has subsided 10 min ago doesn't come back. But I still smile because I know I am alive and have a wonderful family to support me.
Joanmarie63 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote