Thread: New glasses
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 03:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doody View Post
Yes, Barb!!! No lines are progressive. When going through my glasses fiasco, I saw so many people there at the same time as me who had just gotten new glasses. And heard over and over..."Oh it takes people time to adjust." B A L O N E Y! Not if they are done properly!

Yes, ask your doctor to check out the glasses. That's what I did and she was appalled. She also said she saw that a lot from people who had bought their glasses at Sears optical.

What is really strange is I ended up taking chances with the optical store at a Hy-Vee food store here. I had a really great person help me with them as well, fitting and all. I've gotten 3 pair from them and every single one has been perfection.

As Ms. Curious said, yes a fitting can make a huge difference as well. But some of those optical stores, that you see ads for a lot, send their's to big labs that can or can't be very good.
Well I took the new glasses to my opthmalogist and they are very close to the prescription which is stronger than my old glasses. She said when the strength is increased it is good for reading and driving but I will lose something in between - like for the computer. She suggested that I wear the new ones and keep the old ones by the computer. She also said this often happens as we age. Sure glad I have no money invested in these new glasses. The prescription was one my doctor wrote in October when I had my annual check-up in case I wanted to get new glasses in the future. Well I am sticking to what I've got! Nothin's easy though.............................
barbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (03-19-2009), Curious (03-19-2009), Doody (03-20-2009), Lara (03-19-2009)