View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 04:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi All,

Erin I've never had a picc line, but if it is bothering you I'd get it checked out. When I had the IV for my IVIG it got really sore and irritated on the third day and they changed the thingy for me.

Sorry I haven't been around lately, things have been hectic at work and home but things have been great - just busy. I'm still swimming twice a week and have been walking in the gorgeous spring weather as often as possible. My Mom and Dad are coming to Scotland next Tuesday - I can't wait to see them. We are planning a driving tour of the Western Islands of Scotland while they are here.

I can't believe you looked normal at 40mg! I've been on 40mg every second day for months now and I'm still swollen (granted not nearly as moon faced as when I was at 60, but still not me). I'm beginning to think I'll never look the same (I'd still rather be able to do all I can do now though).

Enjoy your next round of IVIG- your neuro does sound great! I've never had one who looked out for me that much. I've always sort of felt like a number on a file.

I go for my Dexa Scan (bone density) on the 21 April. I've never been so I'm looking forward to it! I probab;y should have had a baseline one when I started the pred, but no-one suggested it. I've never been a milk drinker either, so I might have a rude awakening.

Hope you are well, other than your sore arm. Take care of yourself!
~Kathy
Scots Kat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote