View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 08:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Ouch!

Hi Erin - good to hear from you again. I've been wondering if you've been out whooping it up from your latest infusion, and hoping you weren't having problems.

I know they had to move my site, but I ended up having just one round of IVIG and we decided it wasn't real successful for me. It was long ago, too and the brain cells ain't what they used to be!

As I recall, it was red, warm to the touch and swelling. Mine wasn't a surgically implanted line though. Keep a close eye on it. You know all the meds bring down your ability to fight infection.

Hope it's just a minor irritation that will clear up soon for you .

Take it easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinhermes View Post
Hello all! I went to the hospital today to have my line flushed out and the nurses were a bit concerned about my incision site.......it is red and a bit inflamed.......of course the IV therapy people were too "busy" to be bothered, so the nurse just flushed out my line and applied all new dressing, etc........
I guess my question to all of you is : have you ever had an infection in your line? My arm is a bit sore but that is prolly just part of the healing process.....@ least that is what I am hoping......I have done EVERYTHING to keep mmy line clean and sanitary, but am really worried about having to go back in for an infection.....any thoughts?

Erin

OH! I go back in on the 30th for another round of IV IG - my neuro is going out of town soon after and wants to make sure he is there when I have my IV IG - he is the best! I am also down to 50 mgs of pred daily - my face should go down soon, b/c @ 40 I looked almost normal! LOL