View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 10:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New to forums, glad to be here

Hi all, my name is Kevin I am only recently coming to understand what a disaster PN is. Mine is from Diabetes that I only recently learned I had.

Long story short, the PN in my feet is both sensory and motor and I have gotten to the point where it is really affecting my physical activity, my ability to work and my relationships.

I am comming to grips with it, I take 3600mg of Gabapentin and 90 mg of Cymbalta wich helps make it manageable but I often find I can only make it through the work day and then I crash at night and suffer. I hate to admit that I have begun smoking again but the pain and the anxiety about it beat my will power.

The motor difficulties are getting bad enough that I have begun using a cane and next week I will get fitted for an AFO on my left foot. My biggest fear is that eventually the motor problems will intensify in my right foot and I will be looking at the prospect of not walking. I am single and deal with this largely by myself, I have family but that is another mess entirely.

I am 35, and a school teacher.
Thanks for reading, I hope I can find support and learn more about how to manage here as well as help encourage others.

God bless.
kreink is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote