Thread: New glasses
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 11:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
I wear bifocals these days. They cause me a bit of bother actually.

I used to wear disposable contacts. One eye used long distance prescription and the other eye used the short distance. Took about 2 weeks for my brain to adjust and then they were the best thing I'd ever used.

I found my eyes got really tired though and even though I had glasses to use at night to give my eyes a rest, I found it was just getting to be a bit of a pain.

I'd love to go back to the contacts again though.

I have vertigo a lot and find my bifocals tend to interfere with my field of vision when I'm walking around. I have trouble judging distance and also trouble judging changes in levels. My head is bobbing up and down all over the place.

What I would do is maybe adjust your monitor so that you've not got your head at an unusual angle trying to read. Even try moving it closer or further away. See if anything helps. Do remember though, Barb, that you can change the Text size up in View. This browser I'm using right now has ZOOM + or -. My old one I thought just had something like adjust Text Size + or -.

Lara I'm still a newbie with this computer. I found text size and put the cursor on largest then tried right clicking and left clicking but neither works. Can you tell me what I should do?
barbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (03-20-2009), Lara (03-20-2009)