Thread: need light
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 12:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default dad questioning definition of extraordinary measures

status as of today. sm has bedsores on back and one side. doctor was not able to fix g tube and in fact made it worse and more painful. refuses to put her in hospital to remove it. dad refused a tube through the nose to drain the stomach. i was gone at the time fighting fmla paperwork battle. the nurse tells us when the vomit comes up she will probably drown. dad has not changed his mind.

she is gurgling on her own spit and heavily sedated. nurse says she cannot swallow. we put her on her good side and placed a towel to catch the drool. dad is now questioning the wisdom of iv saline/glucose and oxygen as well. i told him i support whatever decision he makes. we are both beginning to see how nonspecific a living will and dnr are. dad is looking for more information on how the designated decision maker can choose wisely. what he found is that this has not been researched much.

sm is unconscious and can only respond to extreme pain which she only gets from doctors and nurses. back when she could talk she said she was afraid. i am too.

please keep the prayers coming and candles burning, and thank you all.
tied is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (03-20-2009)