Thread: D...d....d....
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 12:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New treatment option?

Paula,

First, I would like to thank you for all the work you have done and are still doing, you are an inspiration to many, many people.

Second, there is a ton of stuff about DBS out there...I would only add that I read recently that they are targeting a new area of the brain which helps with gait and balance as well. I don't know if they can put leads to both areas of the brain, or if they will do that if asked. I would just want as many bases covered as possible if I were going to do this. In other words....as long as you're in my head, could you also....(how about give me some extra IQ while you're at it? lol).

Second, there were some posts on here yesterday about targeting the spinal cord....much less risky, invasive, etc. I would really want to research that as a possibility. If I could not hold out any longer, then DBS it would be.

I'd just research things very carefully, and get several opinions from good, experienced neuros who know this area well. And I would want to know my personal odds of improvement, in every area (balance, rigidity, tremor, etc.) so I could really evaluate from a clinical standpoint what my net improvement might be.

Good luck, and keep us posted!
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
paula_w (03-20-2009)