View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi Michelle,

I am so sorry to hear that you have RSD though I am SO glad to hear that you were diagnosed so soon - that is great and hopefully will improve your chances of reaching a full remission!!!

I have RSD in my left leg, right arm and possibly left arm also now. I developed it when I was 12 years old (I am now 14) after an ankle sprain and it took nearly 5 months for me to get diagnosed.

When me and my mum spoke to my Pain Management Doctor about remission, he told us that you are more likely to reach full remission if your RSD is caught within 3 months and you are treated aggresively. He told me that remission is usually where you are able to do everything that you want to do. True remission is where you have no pain or other symptoms but my doctor also explained that he also considers remission if you are able to do all the things you want to do with a little pain.

I really hope that you are able to reach remission real soon! You are lucky to have being diagnosed early and hopefully that will go in your favour and help you!

Take care of yourself and please keep us all updated when you can!!

Alison.