View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 04:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hey Becky?

What r the symptoms of fibromyalgia? My reg dr says that @ 50 mgs I shouldn't have any pain, but I always do........I know it isn't in my head.........

I am so confused!

Any help would be appreciated!

Hope you are doing GREAT today!

Can't wait to hear from you!

Erin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ras1256 View Post
Personal experience - don't let them put you in the position of "just living" with something you know isn't right!

If my new neuro is right and they had dx'd this second condition on me years ago, I wouldn't be "wasting" as I am now. There comes a point with this that they can't do anything to stop it, but can only slow the progression.

I am loosing muscle mass in several places at a rather rapid rate, and loosing feeling in hands and feet. In the beginning 14 years ago it was just a nuisance, but now it's become the number one threat to my future.

I tell you this not to scare you or give you more stress, but just so you and others understand how vital it is to your health that your docs take ALL your symptoms as seriously as they did when they got your dx of MG. Autoimmune's rarely come alone, per my doc and lots of information on the web.

LOL, and DON'T overdo! Exercise is always important, but I was given a distance of 200 ft total walking distance for when I'm doing fairly well - not when I'm having problems. Go for maybe 25 ft out (50 ft round trip), then wait a day and see how that worked out. As you tolerate the very baby steps, increase until you find your new limit which you will have to test from time to time, as it will get to be further as you go along.

You'll get back to your bush walking as long as you approach it slowly!