View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 06:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hey Erin!

Since I didn't actually have fibromyalgia, I don't know that I am the best to ask about the symptoms, but the rheumatologist knew right away because there are specific points on the body where you can't stand to be touched (I know the chest plate area is one) and those weren't the areas I hurt in, and the pain I had actually got better with pressure.

That's why I get concerned about docs herding us into the classic groups - it may be true for some, but we are individuals and there are unfortunately alot of different syndroms, conditions, diseases, medication reactions, etc. that can cause the pain.

I would have to agree with the neuros on one thing though. In pure MG with no other complication there is no pain. My conditions trade off, kind of, and both cause weakness but they are very different.

My best example is when we were fishing once, I actually forgot I was having MG problems and when a fish hit my line I went to jump up from my chair like I always do to hook it and.....

fell straight over on my face cuz from the hips down, nothing responded! It would've been very embarrassing, but I could just imagine what I looked like as I let out the big grunt on my way down, so I just starting laughing my behind off! That's still one of our family funny fishing stories.

Other times, the pain tells me I'm having problems and I automatically without thinking about it use my hands to push out of a chair.

I'm sure this didn't help much. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinhermes View Post
What r the symptoms of fibromyalgia? My reg dr says that @ 50 mgs I shouldn't have any pain, but I always do........I know it isn't in my head.........

I am so confused!

Any help would be appreciated!

Hope you are doing GREAT today!

Can't wait to hear from you!

Erin
richimahan (01-10-2015)