Thread: Introductions
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 12:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've never really talked about my attempt. That was 23 years ago now. My mom pretends it never happened, so I guess I just follow suit. But it was real, very real. I was 18. I went to the store, bought a bottle of sleeping pills, went to my friends house (she was at work), and downed them all. When I started feeling the effects of the pills, I got scared and called a friend. He came and took me to the hospital. I had to have my stomach pumped which is a horrible experience. I was put on a 72-hour psychiatric hold. I ended up being court-ordered into therapy. I eventually worked through it. Many times since then, especially with my pain, I have wished that I would just die. But, I would never, ever do that again. Why? Because I love Jesus and suicide is a sin that would send me straight to hell. And hell is real and not a place I intend on going when I die!! And no, this decision is not easy, in fact, it's very difficult because it makes me feel trapped when I get depressed, knowing that is never an out for me limits my options. So that is my story in so far as this subject goes!
Cheetahfam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (03-21-2009), DMACK (09-11-2010), Doody (03-30-2009), gardengrl (03-21-2009), mistiis (03-21-2009)