View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 01:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Relistor

I was in the clinical trial for both injectable and oral Relistor. I'm not sure if the oral med was ever released -- it worked, but only about as well as taking large doses of Benefiber or Miralax (i.e., slowly). Injectable Relistor definitely had instantaneous effects, though! I was told it could take up to 15 minutes to work, but it usually started to work in 2 or 3. Of all the people enrolled in my particular clinical trial center, I was the only one who complained of side-effects -- Relistor made me crampy, sweaty, and nauseous, with the effects lasting about half an hour to an hour. Once I injected myself I knew I'd be down for the count for approximately the next 30 minutes. The good news for anyone reading this is that NO ONE else out of 300 patients at my trial location had these problems, so for most of you, Relistor should be a great drug. Even with the side-effects, I'm still willing to use it rather than suffer horrible constipation (the kind where you worry you're going to end up in the emergency room). The study doctor had me lower my dose of Relistor to see if I could reduce the side-effects, but that didn't seem to help.

If you have access to Relistor and need it, I hope you'll give it a try. Really easy to use and as a couple of folks have already said, it works! I mostly wanted to post because of the person who asked about side-effects -- any side-effects you find listed in the PDR, well, all those are probably mine
cynicaldog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ALASKA MIKE (05-01-2009)