View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 01:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default 3600mg Gabapentin 90mg Cymbalta

I had neuropathy before I found out I was diabetic, probably was diabetic with high BS for a few years. I take 3600mg Gabapentin and 90mg Cymbalta. It doesnt totally take away the pain but it is manageable most of the time. I have sensory/motor neuropathy and have lost ankle stability on my left side. I am being fitted for an AFO next week and walk with a cane now.

The cymbalta was added after I hit 3600mg of the Gabapentin with only temporary relief of pain. It helps my mood which is good, helps me keep going day to day and seems to offer some more extended pain relief throughout the day. I find if I take the cymbalta that if I dont hit my gabapentin dose right on the hour, I still am ok.

I think I am starting to have some memory issues, but that may also be sleep related. The gabapentin makes me weak and tired sometimes, especially if I take ibuprofen for muscle pain from overexertion.

As soon as I get my AFO I am going to start getting back into doing some regular excercise. 30 min a day of even light excercise does help with the pain for me.
kreink is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote