View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 01:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I usually bake every year at Christmastime and take things to our friends and neighbors. As much as I'd love to eat it myself, I don't need it! I bake an assortment of things- usually over a weekend- then put it on inexpensive Christmas platters or tins that I buy at Walmart. You can always find them at Walgreens and places like that too. I arrange them on the platter then wrap with Christmas Saran wrap and tie curly ribbons around the top. And of course, I do have to keep some of it here for hubby or he thinks he's being mistreated! I like Wittesea's idea of making them work for their money! Anyway, last year I baked several different cakes that were a bit different than the usual, different kinds of cookies, fudge, and some bar cookies. The only problem with this is it gets expensive....I have a son,DIL, & gr'son that I've made stockings for- those kits where you make the felt stockings, Bucilla I think- and I stuff them with candy and some little things that I think they'll like. Gr'son is getting Silly Putty and a Slinky in his (he's 3- hopefully my carpet or the cat won't be "wearing" Silly Putty). It's also a cute idea to wrap a child's gifts in the Sunday newspaper comics. If anybody wants some recipes for "sweets", let me know and I'll post some.
redjpwranglergirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote