View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 01:34 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

My dad takes high blood pressure medication a couple of times a day. He's done this since I was a small child. (I'm going to be 40 in two months)

So, about 7 or 8 years ago, he got up to take his pill, and couldnt find the bottle in the bathroom. He didnt turn the light on, but used the light from the green nightlights in the bathroom to find the bottle.

He took his pill and went to work. About 40 minutes into his work day, he started falling asleep. (he works in the medical field) He was so tired, he couldnt figure out why.

After a bit, he decided he was going to go home sick because he was just having so much trouble staying awake. He drove home, and made it without falling asleep or rolling off the road.

He got home, went into his bathroom and out of curiousity he looked at the bottle that he got his pill from that morning. It was the bottle of phenobarbitol that we used to give to our epileptic poodle that we had. (the dog was gone by that time, some how the bottle never got tossed)

My dad threw the bottle away and then went to take a nap. He's really lucky that they didnt have a surprise drug test at work that day. He'd have flunked it if they'd handed him the cup to pee in.

Now he turns the lights on in the bathroom when he's getting dressed for work, and he keeps all his medications in the kitchen in one spot and double checks the bottles.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gardengrl (03-21-2009)