View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 12:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Weekly Check In March 22-28, 2009

Hello Everyone..Its been a busy week..I got out clamming on Monday, and didnt catch much, but got so much exercise that it put me down with symptoms, a back ache, and a sore knee, the whole diameter of the knee area, and had trouble walking because of the soreness untill I got into see my Chiropractor on Thursday..I told him about the pain in my knee after he adjusted me, because I didnt think he could do anything about it..He said not to worry..the pain will be gone when I wake up tomorrow morning..Well, I took that with a grain of salt, but I'll be damned..When I woke up on Friday morning, the pain was gone, and so was the backache..The boat ran great!

Then on Wednesday, I blew the transmission in my truck....I stopped at a red light, and when I took off it started to slip and continued to slip everytime I had to stop and take off, so I brought it straight to the mechanic, and he has to rebuild it..$1500.00..I needed that like I need a hole in the head, after all the debt already in..Reminds me of that song by The Fixx.."One thing leads to another"

I spent Friday night, and all day Saturday at the 31st AA Convention In Newport R.I...They had dance both nights, at night after the main speaker meeting..So I danced for the first time since Ive had pd, on both nights and had an absolute blast!!..It was also wonderful to be surrounded all weekend, by people who are true friends, who love you unconditionally..The speakers at the meetings were such an inspiration, especially the one on Saturday night..He spoke with an Irish brogue, and was funny as hell, and delivered an awesome message at the same time, about the human condition that accompanies alcoholism..He is a Catholic, from Northern Ireland, and talked about the violence there years ago before he immigrated to the U.S.. and about how the animosity and violance between the Catholics and Protestants was left outside the doors of AA meetings there, and how they were able to come together in those rooms for a common cause, to stay sober one day at a time..I thought that was especially inspiring..The whole Convention was such an inspiration, that after I shuffled in there on Friday night, I was nearly symptomless all day and all night long today..That speaks volumes about how the emotional condition is directly connected to the physical symptoms of pd..I have never had a day this symptom free since my first symptom occured 6 years ago

But because I wasnt around today, I missed the casting call e-mail to be an extra on the ABC pilot of "See Kate Run" starring Amy Smart, which begins filming tomorrow in Boston..I have a friend in the Actors Guild who has been trying to get me some work..Should be an interesting way to make some part time $$$$

How was your week?