View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 12:07 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Question

drugs drugs and more drugs.... that is my history!

You are on some major drugs!
I'll post later---the depletions that just the prednisone cause!
I have some things I have to do this afternoon, but I'll be back.

But I see some things I need to bring to your attention that are quick...

1) Antidepressants in the SSRI family increase bleeding. They have warnings on them now for use with aspirin and/or most NSAIDs--excluding Celebrex.

2) Do you have your blood sugar monitored with that prednisone dose? Pred can raise blood sugar...and also raise blood pressure. Are both of these monitored by your doctor?

You know I had a stroke in my left eye, that was silent, and later attributed to a highly stressful work event, that raised my blood pressure that caused it. My symptoms were pain in the eye--a dull ache, a headache. That night I had a black hole in my central and lower fields in dim light, but in light it was a violet shadow.
I had angiograms in both eyes a few days later, which was when this was beginning to clear. The upshot was a hemorrhage from a blockage in the right branch vein of the retina. It cleared up by itself, and never came back. The blood backed up and burst into my retina and caused a large "bruise".
Hence the violet color.

Did you have an angiogram to evaluate that blank spot?

I also think you should take 1000mcg of the B12 daily at least on an empty stomach. If this is an optic neuritis, maybe even MORE per day. Were you taking the B12 when the test was done? It might skew the results if so.

I'd also ask the doctor if you had any events while under...like a cardiac arrest? I had a patient who had a bypass and she had an event during the restart of the blood supply after they were finished, and she lost the vision in one eye as a result.
(these are called scotomas).

I'll be back later...

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote