View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 04:01 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boysmom View Post
...Now I'm worried! What if the NABs from the Ty has so messed up my body that antibiotics just don't work? 3 days of Levaquin, a large dose, and I woke up again this morning with a little pain. Not cloudy, but fought with pangs of frequency and the burning. Anyone else have this kind of trouble?
Glad to hear you got the Copaxone! I don't have any experience with any of the other injectables, but the Copaxone does have an intimidating amount of stuff in the syringe! I liked the needle a lot more than the others I have seen!

I think the NABs are against the Tysabri, but this would be a question for your doctor.

I know that when I had the surgery last month, my neurologist wasn't concerned with the Ty causing any problems, but he stopped # 24 to allow me to heal and get off the meds I was on, but my infusion was supposed to be only a few days after I was operated on, and I was still in the hospital at the time, so I agreed with that decision fully.

I was on some heavy duty antibiotics due to the rupture of the appendix and having so many problems with those that I didn't want to add anything else to the mix!

I have never had a UTI. I thought maybe I was getting one from being catheterized while in the hospital, but the doc said "Impossible with the antibiotics that you are on." It turned out to just be irritation from the cath itself.

I know a lot of others have had problems with UTIs. Hopefully someone will chime in with their experience!

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
"Thanks for this!" says:
4boysmom (03-23-2009), ewizabeth (03-22-2009), Natalie8 (03-22-2009)