View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 01:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hello to my fellow Hashimotoers!

I'm new here, signed up tonight. Just wanted to add to the Hashimoto folks who have all of my love and support. I started have symptoms and low blood counts when I was 15. I was officially diagnosed when I was 25 and was so bloated I felt like if you stuck a pin in me I would explode! This doctor was right out of med school and knew to check for ANA levels and the like. Mine was through the roof. I am soon to be 54 and last year I went to a new encrinologist who preformed an ultra sound on me. I had never had one. There is no thyroid!!Nothing's left! No tissue, which means my antibodies have feasted on my thyroid all these years and there is nothing left.

I do want to caution some of you if you have Hashi's and Sjogren's Syndrome, you are at a greater risk of developing Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I had both the thyroid disease and the Sjorgren's and developed a mean case of Non-Hodgkin's with a prognosis of 6-8 months to live.

I just want these folks to be on top of that. I'm not sure why they follow in three's like that but that is what my rhuematologist told me.

Now I don't have to worry about getting cancer on my thyroid nodules, since I have no signs of a thyroid anymore. And also to alert experts, doctors, know-it-alls that yes, autoimmune diseases can be serious and I am still showing thyroid antibodies in my blood. I'm not sure what that means. Are they looking for their next organ victim? I don't mean to scare anyone, just trying to have a sense of humor, but I am going to ask that question, even if I get laughed at. I don't care, it's my body that's gone astray, not theirs!
Nannygoat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote