View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 07:44 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Dear gardengrl,

$600 - $800 US = $859.036 AUD - $1145.38 AUD Australian Dollars.

I'm sure you can get something suitable for less than that? Surely...

I wonder if there's some sort of buying guide you all have over there on the one site that someone else might know about. I'm so sorry I can't really help you. I'm in Australia and that is one expensive washing machine, I can tell you.

You probably need one that will take quite a heavy load. That's where the cost will lie, in the size of the load. Better to get heavy duty if you need it, than have the washing machine stopping all the time because it can't handle the load.

Sorry I'm no help really, but that's a lot of money to spend on a washing machine is all I can say.

The one I have here is a Fisher and Paykel (local I guess and probably made in New Zealand so won't be over there) and it's 11 years old and it's very tiny and I've used it for myself and for my son and daughter for the majority of those years.

These days I'd get something a little more efficient. Larger. Waste less water. Fuel efficient. Use less power. It's great that it's lasted me 11 years. Can't beat that really, but I'm sure in this day and age there must be a website out there that shows comparisons with water use, energy consumption etc.

Whatever you get, make sure you have choice of water levels and speed as well so that if you really want to just do a small load, you can do that without wasting power and water.

That's what I'd be looking for. Good luck.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (03-23-2009), gardengrl (03-23-2009)