View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 09:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_laura View Post
Karen,
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. My husband was in the hospital for a few days--not related to seizures, things have been hectic.
I am sorry to say that nothing has really changed as far as his seizures, migraines, ringing in ears, etc. In fact, he had a seizure yesterday that left him temporarily paralyzed on the one side of his body while sleeping yesterday and then he had another this morning in his sleep. Lately he also jerks involunatarily while awake and asleep. I want him to go back to his neurologist, but he is pretty fed up with them.
How are things with your husband?

Laura
Laura,
My husband has been having seizures for30+years. He has only had a couple eposides where he would feel paralyzed on one side. The first time he was in a grocery store.He felt the seizure coming on and laid on the floor...but then couldnt' move his right side. 911 was called and he was takin to the hospital about 15-20 min's away...and by the time he got there he was feeling ok. They checked his heart and sent him home thinking it was
seizure related. A week later he had a heart attack and we
were back to the hospital. Now over a year later...a couple weeks ago he had a seizure that left him paralyzed for a few minutes.Makes me wonder if it's head or heart related? He complaines of headaches now and says he
hears a humming noise in his ears. Like your husband he doesn't call his docs unless he has to. He gets so frustrated with them. He was having the involunatary jerking and grand mal seizures when he was asleep. Doc's put him on Keppra with his Dialitan which took them away.Since the Keppra he hasn't had any grand Mals..but still has the ones where he falls and can't respond for about 40seconds.
Somedays he will have several a day..then will go days without having one. It is very frustrating for the spouses also worring about them and not being able to help. My husband sounds much like yours...when you have had this for so many years, they feel they know as much if not more than there docs. lol.

I can ramble on forever!

Karen
KAREN1202 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote