View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 10:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Today is my husband's last day at his job and he is not taking it well. He is being forced to take an early retirement. His company laid off 750 people. He spent the weekend gathering all kinds of things with the company logo on them and he filled up his company car to take it turn it in. He had some medals that were sales awards and he hung them from the rear view mirror. He said he is turning them in because they don't matter anymore. He gathered up hats and jackets and shirts and binders and papers and filled up the car so there is no room for a passenger.

I have been very busy with the classical guitar society. Yesterday the local PBS station came and did a shoot of a rehearsal and a salon, where people take turns playing pieces in an informal setting. They are coming back April 19th when we have our guitar festival. However, from several hours of film, they are doing only a 3 minute segment. At the guitar festival, there are recitals where area teachers have their students perform. The teachers have been sending me their student lists and I have to divide them up into 4 recitals- we ended up with over 150 performers registered!