View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 11:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
oh yes, those sx sound very familiar.
One gal that used to post a lot got TOS from a influenza shot {I think it was that - but it was a basic vaccination of some sort}.

I believe she developed the TOS first because of the dropped shoulder caused, or a factor of, the vaccination and then did develop RSD later on.

Something you can do now until you find out more from the Dr, is be aware of your posture at all times.

shoulders back and down and not rolled forward -but relaxed and don't strain to do it.
Head in line with the shoulders and not forward of the body same thing as above if you can't do this perfectly yet -slowly work towards it.

I hope the Dr suggests an advanced PT that can help you reduce your pain & discomfort - there are good ones out there but as with anything you might get a few duds before you find a really good one.
Don't stay with any duds!
Not a condition for rookie PTs to learn on

If they don't listen to you or make you do things that will make you hurt worse - delayed pain!!} Tell them about it and if they don't make adjustments for that- move on to another.
Hopefully the dr will only rx to a good one.

Over the long haul i went to about 6 different PT places and learned things from each one -except the time I had a rookie reading out of his book
Didn't stay there long at all.
But by the end of my worst time was where I found the really good PTs and realized they had advanced training.
I found a really good chiropractor too and he does the various modalities same as the PTs did as well as any adjustments i need.

Thank you for the suggestions. I do try to watch my posture, but I am sure there are things I can do to improve my posture and/or decrease the strain on my shoulder. I'm a little nervous about physical therapy, but I do think a good physical therapist will help, at least a little.

Crystal
Crystal Dawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote