Thread: Mucuna Pruriens
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 07:10 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default dopabean

I hadn't remembered it until now, but there is a standardized product called "Dopabean" by Solaray that might be worth looking at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svision40 View Post
Hi,

After a couple hours of reading, I have a pretty good idea on MP. I have been resisting using any meds altogether. I was dx'd 4 years ago at 39 and have just taken 1200 mg of cq-10 along with multivitamins, fish oil, and curcumin. I try to exercise at least every other day, play soccer or run, and used to lift weights. Lately, the cramping in my stomach and limbs has become pretty bad and the trembling a bit worse in my left arm. Don't even like doing sit ups as a result. The docs want to me to take anti-anxiety, anti-depressants, or l-dopa. I mentioned MP to my neurologist and she bit my head off as it being quack science. Said the stuff was unregulated and there was no way of knowing whether it had been grown next to a nuclear waste dump! Nice!

So i am at the point where I need to probably start taking something, but don't like any of the suggestions (l-dopa, etc.), and was hoping mp might be a viable alternative. So here is my question(s):

Has anyone else suffered the cramping, particularly abdominal?

Who has taken mp as their first PD drug and how effective has it been? At what mg/dose was it effective?

Has anyone looked into the quality of the mp being bought over the internet?

I am really nervous about starting this whole drug path. Scared l-dopa might actually hasten progression of the disease. Wanted to delay my 4-6 years of "good" time with the drugs, was hoping to make it to 50 and still playing soccer

Anyway, thanks for all your valuable posts! It is really nice to have sites like these. As a YOPD case, I sometimes feel like I am on an island, with all my active early 40ish friends running circles around me.

Thanks,

Mike
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote