View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I wasnt really scared of this storm. It was nothing compared to the straight-line windstorm that we had last june (130+ mph straight-line wind knocked down a tree in my front yard last year)

and it wasnt anything compared to the first tornado that I was ever in here in Omaha in 1975. But, it was still kind of exciting.

I did stay away from the windows, for the most part, at least the ones that were facing the hail. I was not thrilled about the hail. I hate it. I'm so glad that I have a garage now.

Tomorrow I have to call and have my parents roof checked to make sure we're not going to have to replace our brand new roof.

I just saw a news story about the car that got picked up and dropped by the storm. Looks like they were all hurt, but they havent said how bad the injuries were...just that they had to have the FD get one of the people out of the car. That's the scary part about storms. I dont like hearing about anyone getting hurt in them.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote