View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 09:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vini View Post
hi mikeyy for the love of the game ????

for the love of your brain ??? on reading the headway research and knowing all that you do from the last 2 + years its hard to give up something you love, but nice to still have the choice, there's always coaching bud

Vini,
I appreciate what you're saying but I guess this is my reasoning.
The most recent concussion which I received that ended up causing the PCS was due to a go-karting accident. In fact the 2 days after the accident I was fine... it was the flight and cabin pressure that actually caused the injury... my brain was a bit swollen from the head injury, then the 2 flights to acupulco caused further pressure of my brain against my CSF&Skull causing the actual injuries...

I play goalie in hockey, and although ive taken shots to the head none have ever caused me much grief, the only thing I really was hurt was when I was run into the post...

I may sound very ignorant but the league I now play in is not dirty, most of the guys are ex-jr players who are just there to play for fun and maintain some skill.. very minimal fighting or dirty shots... I actually feel safe, and the hockey keeps my mind off of the injury.. during the first 9+months it was the only thing that would give me brief moments of freedom from thinking about it.
Mikeyy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (03-23-2009)