View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 09:38 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msarkie View Post
There are also some medications that can cause dry mouth, eyes, etc., like some antidepressants or migraine meds. My eye dr put me on flaxseed oil, 1000 mg twice a day to help get more moisture. I can really tell a difference. It's also a healthy omega-3 fatty acid! He also told me to use Theratears drops. Erin, I'm with you on the Pataday! I had a sample and loved it, but when it ran out it was so expensive DH wouldn't fill it for me.
It cost me $60 to get the full Rx filled last time. The bottle still has some in it, and I think my two samples still have a little something in them too. I'm going to get a refill for the Rx tho, the Pataday drops are the best thing for my allergy dry-eyeballs. Works much much better than just plain eye drops.

I think a lot of meds for MS symptoms cause dry eye. I'm pretty sure that Copaxone can do it somewhat, but antidepressants are a big cause of dry eye. I had a couple of Rx's for sleeping pills last year that caused me such bad dry eye that I gave up trying to use sleeping pills to get thru my insomnia. I think Baclofen is another culprit too. Probably are quite a few others.

I know a lot of meds cause dry mouth AND dry eyes, so not only do a lot of people have to constantly water their eyeballs, they're drinking all the time, and having your mouth get dry all the time too can cause dental problems.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote