View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 09:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default update and a few questions

I hit my head in July of last year -- not very hard, but apparently in exactly the right way to cause axonal shearing and give me a case of PCS. At the time, I was taking Skelaxin; once I stopped (in December) the dizziness and spacey feelings mostly subsided, and I was again able to read as easily as I could before the accident, but every now and then I'll still feel a bit dizzy and spacey.

A few days ago, I went to a party and had five or six sips of beer. Really, I barely drank any, and I hadn't expected any effect at all but I felt drunk in a sort of weird, loopy, dissociative way. Is this normal even if the usual symptoms are mostly gone?

Also, I used to write ALL the time before the incident. Lyrics, prose, journal entries... I still feel like I can write well *technically* but the inspiration doesn't seem to be as strong anymore, and word choice feels more mechanical than creative. This could just be the result of spending most of my time working in a technical field and not really having any emotional changes in my life to inspire me, but I played a word game online yesterday that involved creating clever sentences, and I just wasn't coming up with anything; I used to be one of the best players.

My problem-solving ability, reaction time, and overall intelligence are as good as they ever were, though, and I'm not bad in conversation, so it's not obvious that this is a symptom of PCS. Anyone experience anything this subtle?

As frustrating as it might be to not know whether or not I can attribute this to PCS, though, I'm thankful that if it's a symptom it seems to be the only symptom left... (knocking on wood)
incircles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote