View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 09:38 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreink View Post
Often if Type 2 diabetes is caught early enough, pancreatic function can be maintained if weight is lost and diet and excercise are done regularly, it doesnt mean they are cured, more like in remission.

Over time, the high blood sugars, and stress to pump out insulin burn out beta cells in the pancreas - making the likelyhood of going off insulin difficult.

At least that is how I understand it.

I completely agree with you. The odds of me going off insulin at all are slim. BUT. I like fighting odds. 20 years ago, I weighed 300 lbs and used a cane. I no longer even remotely look like I did, nor do I need a cane.

My body works, functions, and for me, that's just fine.

The people at the Accord program have told me I can go off of the Lantus (14 units now, down from the 46 I was on 4 years ago), well they say if I wish, I can go on a pill.

My goal?? To not be on anything. But if I reach this goal, I reach it. If I don't, well it won't be for lack of trying.

I believe that what we put in our bodies MAKES OUR BODIES WORK.

That's my philosophy. So unless I get hit by a bus, I shall continue to eat my veggies, my fish, and my sprouts, and take my various supplements and most important, my Methyl b-12.

You never know. I just might turn out to look like Sophia Loren by the time I'm 80.

lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote