View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart Anyone Tried Botox??

Hi everyone,

I just wondered whether any of you have tried Botox to try and help with Dystonia's (movement disorders) in RSD.

I had an appointment today with my Physical Therapist's and they basically said that the Dystonia in my foot was a lot worse than what it was before Christmas and that they needed to do something about it. I have been having PT for 2 years now and it hasn't impacted on the Dystonia what so ever.

The PT's gave me and my mum 3 options. One is that I have the leg casted for a long period of time to see if that would help, another is to try electrical stimulation to try and stimulate the muscles or Botox to "freeze" the muscle that is working overtime. All of the above options carry risks and I don't really know what to do. I had a nerve block done when I was first diagnosed with RSD and it made me SO much worse (I was left wheelchair bound for 13 long months) so am afraid that the above could make things worse.

I see my PT's again next Wednesday and they are going to discuss my case in the Pain Management Meeting. The PT's are also making an appointment for me to see a Neuro PT as hopefully they should have some more ideas.

It has also been confirmed that the pain in my shoulder is probably RSD - the PT's didn't say it in so many words but said it was a pain response so I guess that is very similar to RSD, although I would have to see my PM Doctor to diagnose it.

If any of you have tried Botox or casting for Dystonia's in RSD, please let me know as we could really do with some input!

Thanks ever so much and i'll keep you all updated!!